Bookkeeper, Ochoco Irrigation District
- Ochoco Irrigation District is actively recruiting for the position of Bookkeeper. Under general/administrative direction, the Bookkeeper will oversee the District’s financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books on accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and daily financial entries and reconciliations. Perform daily accounting tasks such as monthly financial reporting, general ledger entries, and record payments and adjustments. Perform Customer Service: Answer phones, direct messages as appropriate; greet/assist office visitors, takes water orders, and follow up on correspondence as required.
It is OID’s mission to effectively and efficiently serve the current and future irrigation needs of our patrons by economically operating and maintaining the districts resources with honesty and integrity. Ochoco Irrigation District supplies water to 20,062 acres of irrigated land in the Prineville area. Water is stored in the Ochoco and Prineville Reservoirs, and then released into Ochoco Canal, Ochoco Creek and the Crooked River during irrigation season. The District operates numerous pumping plants and over 120 miles of canals and pipelines. OID is beginning an extensive irrigation modernization project with over $40 million dollars of grant funds to be administered over the next 5 years. We are seeking the right person to effectively manage these resources moving forward.
The District offers an excellent benefits package that includes:
- Salary starting at $30/hour
- Paid vacation, sick leave & 7 holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- PERS Retirement
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Medical Air Services Association Membership
- 4 day work week
Position is open until filled.